Innovations in the Payment Ecosystem
Your business model is in jeopardy. The culprit: the payment ecosystem. This research brief examines the broad issues impacting the future of payments and the direction innovation is likely to take.
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW A ‘LUNCH WITH ED’ VIDEO PRESENTATION OF THIS REPORT
In the short term, the regulatory environment governing the payment ecosystem will have a sharper and more dramatic impact on credit unions; however, longer-term trends have the potential to alter your business model more dramatically over the next decade. This brief, therefore, aims to:
- Make sense of critical payment trends.
- Identify opportunities for profiting from future innovation.
This research brief summarizes work conducted by David Evans, PhD, a leading voice and researcher within the payments systems industry. Generous financial support was furnished by MEMBERS Development Company (MDC), a credit union service organization.
In addition to the formal Filene research brief, Evans and MDC have generously donated a variety of important information sources to help guide you on this topic in the “related materials” section on the right hand side of this page:
- A technical presentation delivered by David Evans to MDC’s owners last year
- Two detailed articles authored by David Evans and colleagues on critical trends in payments
- A news feed from PYMNTS (see below), the premiere information resource in the payments industry.
With so much going on in the payments space we want to provide you with a host of resource to help you navigate this critical topic.
Categorized: 'Products & Services'