Create an experience that will retain members, grow share of wallet and attract new members.
Do you fully understand your member experience today? How hard is it to obtain a new membership, a new account, a new loan, or resolve an issue with your credit union?
The Harvard Business Review recently published research linking low customer effort to high customer loyalty. They asked this single question:
“How much effort did you personally have to put forth to handle your request?”
What did they find? A high correlation between low customer effort and loyalty.
Member Journey: Advisory Services from Filene
Our Member Journey program, grounded in research and created in response to credit union need, evaluates and improves the member journey and focuses on ease of use.
- Benchmark, measure and improve your current member experience across the top three-to-five most critical products
- Journey map current member experience and desired future state experiences
- Develop an ease of use strategy
- Understand how people shop online for credit union products and services by watching them do it! It is the best way.
- Decrease hassles and make doing business with your credit union easy by finding the pain points and correcting them
- Improve your digital strategy – the primary research and shopping channel for most consumers.
- Develop an human centered innovation competency among your staff
- Improve member loyalty
- Ongoing support to ensure the strategy moves forward into action and drives results
Paul McAfee shares how Filene helped North Peace Savings & Credit Union execute on their strategic vision to better serve business members and the path they took to get there.
How the program works:
The program is completely customizable to each organization and can include a host of elements. The most complete approach incorporates all of the following:
- Ease of Use Benchmarking - An imperative first step is to measure the current member effort across three-five critical experiences. Using survey techniques, each user experience will be benchmarked for ease of use.
- Mapping the Current and Future Member Journey - We will kick off your Member Journey project with a full day session exploring and documenting the current member journey. During this session Filene will work with you to map the top three-five most critical member experiences including the current journey, exploring the "dream state" for those experiences, and identifying gaps - all with a narrow focus of making access to your credit union effortless for the end user.
- Live Observational Research – Filene will facilitate a Live Observational Research session to understand the current online and mobile member journey. Members of the credit union leadership team will be able to observe members and potential members utilizing the credit unions website and/or mobile application. These important inputs will help us develop strategies to improve the journey.
- Quarterly Webinars – We will connect quarterly for an hour-long webinar. This ongoing support will ensure that the strategy is successful and continues to grow and evolve.
- Innovation Immersion – Using human centered design, Filene will lead a cross-functional team through an immersive experience using the Filene Method of Innovation. Participants use insights gathered from the Ease of Use Benchmarking work and the Journey Mapping session to create innovations that will help grow the credit union’s Member Journey strategy.
- Prototyping– In-market testing, or "prototyping", is a proven way to quickly and inexpensively determine which ideas are the strongest and most effective. Filene will facilitate prototype testing of 1-2 top ideas that will make your member journey easier.
- Strategy Development: Ease of Use Innovations & Approach Finalized – With benchmarks in place, the critical member journeys defined, and new innovative ideas developed, Filene will lead the credit union through a strategic session to put all of the elements of the strategy together. When this session is complete, you will have a strategic roadmap that will lead you from strategy through execution.
Testimonial from a credit union that participated in our Member Journey Program
"(The Member Journey) workshop was very information and helpful in helping me road map what members go through when using our products and services. We don't always think about what they may be feeling when they try products and services of ours, but this workshop put that thought in perspective and made me really realize how important it is that credit unions be there for their members and not just for themselves." - Aaliyah Cuthrell, Management Trainee, Housing and Urban Development Federal Credit Union
Want to learn more?
Complete this short form and we'll contact you to discuss your needs and answer questions. A custom approach can be designed to align with your needs and your budget.