We are pleased to announce the publication of Key Findings: Blueprints for Innovation, a report on the latest findings from...
Sep 04 2012
Key Findings: Blueprints for Innovation
Read all about the next big i3 idea.
In this publication you will find eight new ideas created by credit union executives from all across North America for the Filene Research Institute’s i3 program. Over a six-month period starting in October 2011, i3 teams began looking for ways to responsibly solve pressing consumer and credit union problems. This publication includes the concepts created during that time and presented at Filene’s May 2012 i3 meeting in San Francisco. Some need tweaking. Some are ready for implementation. All are worth considering.
The implications of these open-source ideas are largely up to the credit union community. Each concept may be scalable, malleable, or disposable, but further testing is needed. This is where you come in. The future of credit unions relies on your willingness to test new ideas and share your associated findings. While much work has already been put into these i3 ideas, the hardest—and most rewarding—work is yet to come.
The following concepts seek to help credit unions, consumers, and communities succeed despite the challenges each group faces:
- Working Together Mortgage: A way to help Junior finally fly to his own nest.
- Pick a Dream: Goal-based saving and borrowing.
- CU Pocket Banker: Anywhere, anytime private banking for the masses.
- Cover Me: Simple, actionable text messages that help members avoid overdrafts.
- Retirement Positioning System: Technology that helps consumers get ready for retirement.
- Smarter Gift Card: Encourages members to save, not spend, with gift cards.
- Student Loan with Benefits: A student loan and a job, all in one.
- Flash Note: Makes mobile payments accessible to members and merchants.
Report Number 282