America’s Got Talent: Attracting It is the Challenge
AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center | Austin, TX | 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Thank you for attending! Please click on the speaker's name below to download their handout.
Save the date for 2018! September 27, 2018 we will be back in Austin for the second annual colloquium for the Center for War for Talent. Head on over to the 2018 event page for more details.
The talented line up of world-class thinkers included:
- Sekou Bermiss, Filene Fellow and Assistant Professor of Management at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin, will present research that suggests how credit unions can leverage turnover.
- Quinetta Roberson, Ph.D., Fred J. Springer Endowed Chair of Business Leadership at Villanova University, will explore strategies for strengthening a brand story and making employee attraction a competitive advantage.
- James Schenck, PenFed CEO will present Stop Waiting and Start Winning America's Top Talent. A look into why we have to recruit—not wait for volunteers. And why each credit union has to offer the five qualities that all talented job-seekers are expecting.
- Daron Roberts, Founding Director at Center for Sports Leadership & Innovation and former NFL coach will share insights on leadership strategies in the athletic world.
- Debbie Hilton (D Hilton Associates), Deedee Myers (DDJ Myers), and Rebecca Bower (O'Rourke & Associates), will participate in a panel discussion about the latest credit union recruiting trends and what candidates look for in an employer today.
Filene Dine Around | September 13th 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Join us the night before the colloquium as we gather our favorite credit union people to share great food and conversation. We will stay onsite at the AT&T Conference Center in their private dining room for heavy appetizers and drinks. We promise you won't leave hungry.
Reception | Immediately following the colloquium
It's time to digest the brainfood from the day with your credit union colleagues. Light appetizers and drinks will be served, with special thanks to CUNA Mutual Group.
Filene's War for Talent research center is generously sponsored by: