You are a passionate Talent & Organizational Development pro who is a collaborative high-integrity smarty-pants with experience building, implementing and leading a holistic people strategy. As a Talent/OD pro, you will be a strong advocate for our people and our organization ensuring we identify the right strengths, gaps and skillsets to help us achieve our business goals -- and attract and develop the right talent to achieve our service mission. You will also be skilled at all those necessary details of benefits, compliance, policies and HR systems.
- Model Filene values and play a key role in maintaining the culture of the organization through personal and cross-functional accountabilities.
- Actively support the achievement of Filene's strategic objectives, plan and metrics in a manner consistent with Filene’s mission, values and brand.
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs in order to connect member needs with programming that can best meet those needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Provide extraordinary service to Filene’s staff, members and stakeholders.
- Represent Filene to external audiences and immerse in Filene’s entire body of work in order to regularly and consistently convey and engage the market in the entire “story” of Filene.
- Support the project management flow of the organization by coordinating work through the project management office (PMO).
Talent Management & Organizational Development
- Oversee and coordinate Strategic Talent Management activities including Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning, Leadership and Staff Development, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, Employee Engagement and Succession Planning
- Implement strategies to enhance employee engagement in order to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Champion Filene culture to enhance the organizational culture, employee engagement, and employee value proposition
- Act as organizational development (OD) liaison and advisor to Filene’s leadership team and facilitate OD initiatives effectively across the organization.
- Develop and integrate HR programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Direct the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving Filene goals and objectives.
- Advise and counsel managers on HR and organizational best practices.
- Ensure HR processes are aligned with the Filene culture beginning with the recruitment process through off boarding.
- Manage and continuously improve the on boarding and off boarding of Filene employees aligning with best practice while promoting business continuity and employee engagement.
- Manage FYE performance related processes including performance evaluations, bonus and merit increases and performance and development goal setting.
- Support change initiatives while assuring positive employee relationships.
- Implement processes and practices that support workforce diversity, a fair and just workplace and build employee commitment.
- Leverage Big 5 Workplace tool and other best of class HR tools/models to build and strengthen interpersonal relationships as well as teams, and help drive high performance.
- Effectively work with leaders to calibrate talent as well as develop action plans to address employee performance and development needs.
- Ensure Filene practices are in compliance with regulatory standards and policies.
- Serve as primary liaison with CUNA Mutual Group and as a resource to Filene staff on HR-related matters including employment, HR policies, legal/regulatory obligations and benefit-related matters.
- Manage information flow and Filene’s internal communications to support the smooth operation of the organization, consistent messages are delivered throughout the organization and there is a shared understanding of strategy, role and required business outcomes.
- Develop, manage and be held accountable for the HR budget.
The statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
- MA preferred/ BA and equivalent experience considered and 5+ years of proven experience as a Director of HR & Talent Management
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influence skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and a positive, creative work environment.
- Proven experience translating business plans into talent acquisition and learning strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence and execute
- Proven track record of sourcing, recruiting, and closing exceptional talent (especially passive candidates).
- Expert knowledge of HR systems, policies, regulations and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build strong positive working relationships with people from many disciplines and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction and also ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sound judgment, problem identification, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to discover new opportunities and foster a continuous improvement culture.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort using various software programs, Internet and social media sites, databases, and other cloud computing solutions. Must be able to self-teach, problem solve, and trouble shoot independently using available resources.
- Experience using Mac and Apple products
- Working knowledge of the credit union system and non-profits
- ATD Certification
- SHRM Certification
- Big 5 Certification