Transform your organization’s annual strategic planning from a point-in-time meeting to an ongoing conversation that continually advances the credit union
Strategy Cycle Details
Whether you’re looking to spruce up just one planning session or you want to give the old heave-ho to the way your organization currently does planning, breathe some life into strategic planning.
Engage the leadership and board of directors through a facilitated discussion grounded in research, innovation and new insights.
- Review Filene's latest research, education and insights grounded in consumer need.
- Provide a space for new ideas.
- Get your team conversing, partnering and leading for change.
Visualize your plan through a ‘Strategy Landscape’. Take your strategy and turn it into a compelling story told through the medium of storyboards and images, making it accessible to everyone. With both an internal and member facing document, your strategy will come alive on paper and make sure everyone is on the same page as you strive to complete your goals.
The Strategy Cycle
Looking at the big picture, the Strategy Cycle identifies strategic issues, considers challenges in a productive way, and transfers those learnings into the strategic planning process.
Leveraging 30 years of credit union research Filene recommends:
- Educating and facilitating meaningful discussion with your board and leadership team (either together or separately) on topics relevant to your strategies.
- Introducing issue-discovery methodologies leveraging Filene’s research library.
- Providing insight and topics for further strategic discussion.
- Engaging the board and leadership team so that strategic dialogue is not a point in time or once per year commitment, but an ongoing conversation that continually advances the goals of the organization and keeps the credit union moving with the pace of change to drive growth and member engagement.
"Filene's facilitation effectively brought several difference areas together for brainstorming and everyone was able to give input. They also made it fun!"
Michigan Community Credit Union