15 Credit Union Innovators Join Filene’s i3 Community
Join us in welcoming 15 credit union execs to our i3 innovation program. These young innovators will serve a two-year term that kicks off at big.bright.minds this October at Princeton University.
Ideas developed in the i3 program over the past 10 years have changed state laws, improved the financial lives of millions of consumers, saved countless millions of dollars for credit unions and driven new members to credit unions. The above video from our spring i3 meeting captures what i3’s all about. (And if you don’t have 17 minutes to spare, catch the short version here.) Big ideas tested through our innovation lab include Prize-linked Savings, Debt in Focus/SavvyMoney, SaveUp, Savings Revolution and minTuition.
Every year, we look for credit union professionals who are passionate about fixing problems for consumers, have a track record of breathing life into new ideas, can excite others about their ideas and have the best chance of leading credit unions for the next generation. i3 members commit to ideating, testing and reporting on four innovation ideas, piloting two ideas in their credit unions, attending two national meetings per year, and participating in group work.
This class has the potential to be one of our best, and most diverse, classes ever, with CFOs, marketers, and operations and compliance professionals from Alaska, Florida, British Columbia, and everywhere in between. This assortment is both intentional and exciting – innovation works best when divergent backgrounds, values and viewpoints come together.
Expect big things from these new i3 innovators:
- Laurie Butz, SVP Human Resources, Community First Credit Union
- Scott Coe, Senior Vice President, Marketing, CoastHills Federal Credit Union
- Douglas Ebner, Manager, Business Technology & Innovation, First West Credit Union
- Kathi Goodell, Project Coordinator, NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
- Mark Hamid, Vice President - Chief of Retail Operations, Fort Lee Federal Credit Union
- Jeremy Hayes, Senior Vice President, Assemblies of God Credit Union
- Rachel Langtry, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Credit Union 1
- Rob Lefkowicz, Vice President of Member Service Delivery, Park Side Federal Credit Union
- Evelyn Royer, Vice President Risk Management, Purdue Federal Credit Union
- Serese Selanders, VP Sales and Development, Affinity Credit Union
- Jennifer Sider, Development Officer, Duke University Federal Credit Union
- Matt Vance, Sr. Product Development Supervisor, Salal Credit Union
- Suzanne Weinstein, CFO, Orlando Federal Credit Union
- Jennifer Wolfe, AVP, Business Systems Delivery, Partners Federal Credit Union
- Brett Wooden, SVP of Marketing + Innovation, Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union
And thank you to PSCU for its longtime support of i3.