How might Credit Unions leverage their relationships to connect members who aren’t likely to volunteer with community organizations in a unique and memorable way?
The role of Dime Drop is to connect potential volunteers (our members) with community organizations who have a pre-existing event/need. This is achieved through a flash mob approach and leveraging social media. “Tweeple helping People”
Affinity: FoodBank Garden Patch Harvest
About 75 people attended and 25 people were surveyed. Couples and families were only surveyed once to avoid duplication.
- 56% heard about the event from social media (9 Facebook, 3 Twitter, 2 Kijiji,)
- 100% would participate in another event like this one.
- 20% came specifically because Affinity was donating $50 per person
- 44% knew it was put on by Affinity. Dime Drop was not a recognized term.
- 48% said they’d choose an FI based on community activities such as these.
- 28% were Affinity Members.