Senior Director, Innovation
Accelerate innovation across credit unions and other consumer finance institutions around the world as Filene's new Senior Director, Innovation.
Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
As the Sr. Director, Innovation, you will accelerate innovation across credit unions and other consumer finance institutions around the world. You will manage Filene’s innovation initiatives including day-to-day aspects of the Filene i3 program and drive innovation thought leadership.
This role will:
- Design an innovation program that enables credit unions to accelerate innovation and sets the standard for innovation practices.
- Establish an innovation net that brings promising ideas and innovation talent to light with the intent of expanding innovation capabilities and mindset.
- Be accountable for the overall project management and budget adherence of Filene’s i3 program and Filene’s innovation activities.
- Establish and maintain financial support for innovation initiatives and programs to create sustainability through existing and new partnerships.
- Support Membership Team in acquiring, developing, and furthering relationships with new and existing members.
- Help establish and execute on the framework designed to increase both the quality and quantity of concepts that move through i3.
- Develop and manage relationships with key Innovation stakeholders: i3ers, prototype test participants, credit union system contacts, and industry service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ work experience in the area of innovation, product development and/or project management.
- Demonstrated success in managing the progression of concepts through the ideation, prototyping, and testing phases.
- Confidence to collaborate with CEOs and senior credit union employees to achieve positive outcomes for Filene initiatives.
- Experience working with consultants and service providers from a variety of industries and disciplines.
- Experience creating and managing budgets to tight tolerances.
- Well-honed relationship sales and business development skills.
- Planning and organizational skills where attention to detail and timeliness are fundamental requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects with limited supervision.
- Clear and effective communication of concept and project information to internal and external stakeholders (individuals and large groups) via both in-person and remote methods.
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as the ability to verbally articulate ideas in a concise manner.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sound judgment, problem identification, problem resolution and decision-making skills. Effective demonstration of determining options and selecting appropriate tactics or methods.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort using various software programs, internet and social media sites, databases, and other cloud computing solutions.
- Must be able to self-teach, problem solve, and trouble shoot independently using available resources.
- Experience using Mac and Apple products desired. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Previous experience in a small office environment or start-up preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to balance multiple projects and shifting priorities on market and member needs with limited direction.
- Willing to be empowered and held accountable for results.
- Intellectually curious about credit unions, technology, human behavior, and trends. Enjoy working in a “think-tank” environment where ideation, continually embracing change, being restless with the status quo, and seeking reinvention are a part of the culture.
- Ability and desire to travel in North America 50%+ of the time.
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.