Work closely with Filene's research team to support the production of research reports and other creative outputs of relevance to the credit union system and consumer and cooperative finance generally.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Download the full job description here.
The Research Intern will have the opportunity to work with the research team at the Institute. The Intern will be introduced to information regarding the credit union system and its position in the consumer finance ecosystem, especially in the United States and Canada. The Research Intern will:
- Function as an analyst with responsibility for supporting custom research projects in the areas of consumer insights (e.g., member experience, financial wellbeing) and competitive intelligence (e.g., brand reputation, new technologies).
- Work with the Senior Director of Research, the Custom Research Director, and the research team to conduct market research and write compelling customized research reports.
- Help to build out a project management process for Filene’s emerging custom research offerings, communicating cross-functionally with Membership and Marketing and Communications teams.
- Learn about consumer and cooperative finance, practice the basics of market research in financial services, and build portfolio-worthy projects.
- Assist with a variety of other projects and tasks that help Filene advance credit unions’ understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
The Research Intern must be a current and active university student: Junior, Senior, Graduate-level, or PhD. The Research Intern must also demonstrate:
- The ability to learn and embody Filene’s vision and mission and the values of cooperative finance.
- Self-motivation and autonomy as well as collaboration.
- The ability to prioritize work assignments and multi-task in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- The ability to work effectively with the Filene team, credit unions, and consumer finance partners.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas clearly and write strong copy.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible in duties.
- Ability to work with Mac technology and Microsoft Office.
Basic knowledge of financial services and/or project management and prior experience with qualitative and/or quantitative market-facing research are helpful, but not required.
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.