The Membership Manager will be responsible for coordinating membership renewal activities, support and facilitate visits to the Filene office, deliver membership reporting and collaborate with the IT team to ensure the execution of membership outreach. This position will play an important role in meeting and exceeding Filene’s annual fundraising goal and collaborating with other market-facing team members to foster strong relationships with existing funders and partners.
Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
The individual must be self-motivated, proactive, and experienced. This critical position requires a dependable individual that will assist in managing the day-to-day membership relationships activites and development and will interact with senior level credit union system executives and vendors. This individual must be able to communicate well, multi-task, manage projects, and exercise independent judgment in a very fast paced small office environment.
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs in order to connect the work with member needs
- Execute on Membership team strategies for the acquisition, renewal, reporting and ongoing cultivation of members and prospects
- Work with team members to ensure details of members and prospects are documented, implemented, and recorded in Salesforce.
- Represent Filene with members and in the community, including speaking publicly for the organization when needed
- Updates and distributes information to current members as well as propective members
- Oversee, and execute as needed, the regular print and electronic communications related to an organization’s membership status, renewal, etc.
- Assist in ongoing assessment and enhancement of member recruitment and retention
- Oversees the logistics and coordination of regional or other member engagement meetings including, but not limited to, venue details, registration and day of coordination
- Coordinate other member and prospect visits, including advance planning, logistics, and followup
- Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Grow and foster relationships with Filene members and visitors
- Manage a membership database.
- Perform the necessary tasks to follow Filene’s sales process and ensure robust tracking and reporting, including but not limited to: Analyzing growth and providing accurate, complete, and timely submission of required progress reports, forecast, and status of opportunities in Salesforce.
The statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
- This position is based at our office in Madison, WI (no remote work option available)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred or other CRM systems and process
- 5 years of experience
- Basic knowledge of financial services industry and ideally some credit union experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and a positive, creative work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in entrepreneurial environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Confident speaking in front of large audiences
- Ability to sell innovative ideas, programs, advisory services, and processes to a sometimes reluctant audience
- Up to 10% travel required, including:
- Attending various conferences relevant to innovation or select projects
- Presenting key findings in presentations on a wide latitude of Filene’s findings
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.