Marketing Communications Internship
We are seeking a motivated college student who is passionate about brand, has a way with words and thrives in a fast-paced creative environment. The Marketing Communications Intern will plan, implement, and track results for a variety of marketing communications programs across multiple channels.
Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
Note: The position is open to those within commuting distance of our Madison, WI, office.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity planning and executing multi-touch campaigns, previous experience using content management and marketing automation systems, is a self-starter and loves working in a collaborative, energetic team environment.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will:
- Develop promotional and communications plans for a wide variety of projects including lead gen/sales campaigns, public relations, e-newsletters, brand and collateral, event promotions and digital communications.
- Work individually or with a team to identify and evaluate marketing opportunities based on a set of provided objectives.
- Writing content for both print and web mediums as well as review and edit marketing publications to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with a team of Graphic Designers to create and execute marketing projects.
- Provide estimates of costs for projects and recommend the most economical and efficient methods of production.
- Ensure that the company’s corporate branding is executed as appropriate in all communications.
- Support/assist team with website updates, podcast transcription, social media content creation, webinar/event execution and email automated journey campaign management.
- Measure and report on campaign impact and achievement on goals.
- Analyze campaign results and metrics; produce analytics reports.
The statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
The Marketing and Communications Intern must be a current and active university student: Junior, Senior, or Graduate-level. The ideal candidate is pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related field.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofing abilities
- Ability to actively manage and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously while expecting constant change
- High level of organization and keen attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently, but also function as part of a dynamic team
- Inquisitive nature; problem solving skills
- Prefer experience (but not required) with customer relationship management systems (ex: Salesforce) and/or marketing automation platforms (ex: Pardot)
- Prefer experience (but not required) with web page editing using a content management system (ex: Craft)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products: including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Basic knowledge of financial services and/or project management and prior experience with quantitative and/or qualitative market-facing research are helpful.
For more information, contact:
Please apply via this link and be sure to upload the following within the application system:
- Cover letter to include:
- Current resume
- Desired start date
- Number of hours available during summer 2021
- Number of hours available through the 2021–2022 academic school year
- Beginning in fall, in-person work at Filene’s office will be phased in
- Please confirm that you are within commuting distance of Madison, WI, office during the 2021–2022 academic school
We are Filene
Learn more about our team of passionate thinkers and doers working hard to change people's lives through ideas, truth and cooperation.
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.