The Incubator Manager supports the delivery of Filene's incubation work to seek, test, and scale solutions to drive change for the credit union industry.
Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
The Incubator leverages credit unions as the proving ground to test innovative concepts targeted to various segments of consumers. The ultimate goal of the Incubator is to prepare the most promising ideas for full-scale distribution to mainstream financial services providers.
The Incubator Manager plays a critical in supporting the planning and execution of a wide variety of Incubator activities ranging from concept testing to helping credit union implement the best ideas coming out of the Incubator. Additionally, the Incubator Manager periodically assists the Institute with other projects and initiatives within its research, events, and advisory service functions.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, fast-paced, detail-oriented, and able to work without direct supervision. The candidate must have a bootstrapper’s mentality and work within the confines of an entrepreneurial not-for-profit organization.
- Collaborate with members of Filene’s Incubation team to plan and execute on the requirements of Filene’s Incubator activities and grant commitments
- Assists the Incubation team with project management initiatives including: developing marketing, operational, and research protocols for the market testing of concepts geared toward improving consumer financial wellness and credit union sustainability
- Leverage Filene communication channels and existing networks to recruit credit unions and other consumer finance institutions to test Incubator concepts and be part of a growing community of forward-thinking and innovative testers
- Develop and conduct appropriate evaluative research on each concept to assess desirability, feasibility, and viability through self-driven analysis and collaboration with external researchers
- Create surveys and other data tools to collect and manage concept testing data
- Evaluate and interpret test results and prepare defendable next-stage development recommendations for Incubator ideas
- Ensure ongoing performance of credit union testing and reporting commitments in accordance with grant and partnership agreements as well as organizational goals and metrics.
- Craft resources to help credit unions implement the most promising concepts and remove implementation barriers
- Deliver implementation support trainings to credit unions, other consumer finance institutions, and community stakeholders via in-person sessions and webinars
- Represents Filene to external audiences and immerses in Filene’s entire body of work in order to regularly and consistently convey and engage the market in the entire “story” of Filene
- Model Filene values and play a key role in maintaining the culture of the organization through personal and cross-functional accountabilities
- Actively support the achievement of Filene's strategic objectives, plan, and metrics
- Prioritize and manage workloads to meet aggressive deadlines
- Provide extraordinary service to Filene’s staff, members and stakeholders
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs in order to connect member needs with programming that can best meet those needs
- Effectively negotiate and manage vendors (where applicable) to deliver on incubator goals within agreed budget and timeframe
- Supports the project management flow of the organization by aligning work with processes and tools used by Filene’s project management office (PMO)
- Manages all aspects of multiple Incubator activities through their respective program lifecycle including project plans, budgets, resource utilization and delivery of outcomes
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5 to 7 years of work experience
- Familiarity with the credit union and consumer finance sector
- Proven project leadership experience
- Success in product development, marketing and management
- Experience with both the design and execution of product/program evaluation projects, including research design, survey methodology, and data analysis
- Experience with organizational product or program launches and providing training to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural and confident public speaking style, the proven ability to persuade and inspire others, and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituencies
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
- Travel anticipated of 10% or less
- Lean, Six Sigma or similar experience
- PMP, CAPM or similar certification
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.