Working closely with the Incubator team, the Incubation Intern will support the execution of innovation pilots with credit unions in Filene’s membership. Specifically the intern will be responsible for conducting landscape research on emerging credit union challenges or solutions, developing reports and deliverables, supporting relationship management activities, and managing team administrative duties.
The Incubation Intern will:
- Function as project manager and executor with responsibility for supporting incubation outputs across a number of content areas including consumer financial well-being, credit union growth strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Support the development and execution of innovation pilots at partner credit unions by managing ongoing communication, documenting findings, and maintaining administrative processes.
- Work with the research and incubation teams to conduct supporting research and developing compelling research outputs and ancillary products (slide decks, workshop guides, etc.).
- Learn about consumer and cooperative finance and practice the basics of research in financial services.
- Assist with a variety of other projects and tasks that help Filene advance credit unions’ understanding of consumer finance.
- Effectively maintain data and physical and electronic storage for applicable materials (research outputs, files, product samples, project folders, etc.).
- Own select team administrative duties to help maintain organization and project management (e.g., notetaking, agenda management).
The statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
The Incubation Intern must be a current and active university student: Junior, Senior, or Graduate-level. The Intern must also demonstrate:
- The ability to learn and embody Filene’s vision and mission and the values of cooperative finance.
- Self-motivation and autonomy as well as collaboration.
- The ability to prioritize work assignments and multi-task in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- The ability to work effectively with the Filene team, credit unions, and consumer finance partners.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas clearly and write strong copy.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills. Data analytics skills a plus.
- Process and project management skills along with the ability to identify and execute improvements as needed.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible in duties.
- Ability to work with Mac technology and Microsoft Office.
Basic knowledge of financial services and/or project management and prior experience with quantitative and/or qualitative market-facing research are helpful.
Interested in this position?
Please apply via this link and be sure to upload the following within the application system:
- Cover letter to include:
Desired start date
Number of hours available during summer 2022
Number of hours available through the 2022-2023 academic school year
- Current resume
We are Filene
Learn more about our team of passionate thinkers and doers working hard to change people's lives through ideas, truth and cooperation.ABOUT US
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.