As a new position in the organization, the Engagement Manager will play an integral role in helping Filene to develop and maintain member relationships to support Filene’s vision of changing lives through innovation, truth, and cooperation. This position will be based in Irvine, California.
Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
This role will be responsible for recruiting new donor relationships; coordinating account management activities including renewals; and collaborate with the Marketing and IT teams to ensure the fulfillment of membership engagement plans. This position will play an important role in meeting and exceeding Filene’s annual fundraising goal and collaborating with other market-facing team members to foster strong relationships with existing funders and partners.
- Model Filene values and play a key role in maintaining the culture of the organization through personal and cross-functional accountabilities
- Actively support the achievement of Filene's strategic objectives, plan and metrics in a manner consistent with Filene’s mission, values and brand
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and impact programs in order to connect member needs with programming that can best meet those needs.
- Represent Filene to external audiences and immerse in Filene’s entire body of work in order to regularly and consistently convey and engage the market in the entire “story” of Filene Research Institute.
- Execute on Membership team strategies for the acknowledgement, reporting and ongoing cultivation of donors. Works with team members to ensure details of engagement plans are communicated to all involved parties and that plans are documented, implemented, and recorded in Sales Force.
- Provide extraordinary service to Filene’s staff, members and stakeholders
- Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Grow and foster relationships with Filene members
- Lead membership model and ensure consistent execution with benefactors across Filene
- Support and manage lead account management (CRM) across Filene Research Institute.
- Partner consistently with account managers and market-facing team members to create a “one-team” Filene experience.
- Perform the necessary tasks to follow Filene’s sales process and ensure robust tracking and reporting, including but not limited to: Analyzing growth and providing accurate, complete, and timely submission of required progress reports, forecast, and status of opportunities in Salesforce.
- Coordinate with all teams with Filene to identify potential cross-organizational dependencies and to provide project status reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and process
- Experience working for or with credit unions required
- 5 years of experience required
- Prior experience in business development and/or sales
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial competencies and dexterity
- Overall knowledge of financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and a positive, creative work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in entrepreneurial environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Confident speaking in front of large audiences
- Ability to sell innovative ideas, programs, advisory services, and processes to a sometimes reluctant audience
- Up to 10% travel required, including:
- Attending various conferences relevant to innovation or select projects
- Presenting key findings in presentations on a wide latitude of Filene’s findings
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.