We are seeking a motivated college student who is passionate about brand, creates remarkable visuals and thrives in a fast-paced creative environment.
INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
Download the full job description here.
- Designs for knowledge. Creates remarkable visual reports that convey information memorably. Uses the latest digital design tools and Filene brand standards to delight readers and viewers.
- Produces Filene marketing, communications, and collateral designs.
- Demonstrates skills in time management, attention to detail, planning, prioritizing, organizing, resource planning, and professional collaboration to accomplish assignments.
- Interacts with Design Associate, Director of Research, Communications Manager, Research Associate, senior company leaders, and various researchers, contractors and suppliers.
- Thinks visually and creatively about how to convey findings in compelling and useful ways. Identifies obstacles to the timely completion of projects and regularly reports on the pipeline’s status. Able to gather information, define issues, and recommend solutions in a succinct, independent manner.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Mac and Windows software and operating systems.
- (75%) Research/Innovation/Impact Outputs:
- Designs powerfully and clearly, thinks visually and creatively about how to convey research, innovation and impact findings in compelling and useful ways. Constantly improves the quality of visual outputs.
- Designs outputs and publications for the research, impact, innovation, and communications functions across the organization, including the core research team, innovation teams, and impact teams.
- Helps to manage content on the Filene website, and is a source of ideas for constant iteration and improvement of Filene’s online content, look, and feel.
- Effectively maintains physical and/or electronic project folders to document design project history. Responsible for making decisions with limited supervision.
- (25%) Marketing/Business Development Outputs:
- Working with communications and membership development teams, creates collateral, publications, slide decks, and communications templates.
- Collaborates with Filene team members to enhance the Institute’s overall success.
- Conducts occasional office functions: answering phones, filing, data entry, mailings, ordering supplies, etc.
- Storyteller with a portfolio of creative, compelling designs. Translates technical and dense scientific material into compelling and easy-to-understand documents for executives and the general public, without sacrificing accuracy. Experience working with printers, publishers, and other designers desired.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience with animation and video production preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Currently enrolled in or continuing in an academic program encompassing graphic design, animation, communications, or closely related field.
- Intellectually curious about consumer finance, banking, and credit unions. Enjoy working in a “think-tank” environment where ideation, continually embracing change, being restless with the status quo, and seeking reinvention are a part of the culture. Demonstration of effective planning and organizational skills through previous work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate project information to internal and external customers via phone, email and other electronic mediums, in person and in writing. Strong writing and editing skills (technical and creative) are important, as well as the ability to articulate ideas verbally.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sound judgment, problem identification, problem resolution and decision-making skills. Effective demonstration of determining options and selecting appropriate strategies or methods. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort using various software programs, internet and social media sites, databases, and other cloud computing solutions. Must be able to self-teach, problem solve, and trouble shoot independently using available resources.
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.