Interested in this position?
Download the full job description here.
The Chief Experience Officer role requires an individual that is self-motivated, proactive, and an experienced marketing and business development leader. The successful candidate has the vision to drive the Filene brand across the donor experience, the acumen to create sales and marketing strategy, the savvy to execute strategy across face-to-face and digital channels, and the people skills to build relationships up, down and across organizations.
- Model Filene values and play a key role on the executive leadership team in maintaining the culture of the organization through personal and cross-functional accountabilities.
- Actively support the achievement of Filene's strategic objectives, plan and metrics in a manner consistent with Filene’s mission, values and brand.
- Possess strong leadership behaviors.
- Understand and engage in Filene’s complete body of work including research and incubator programs to connect member needs with Filene solutions that can best meet those needs.
- Provide extraordinary service to Filene’s staff, members and stakeholders.
- Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines.
- Represent Filene to external audiences conveying the Filene brand and value propositon.
Marketing and Events
- Serve as Filene’s brand evangelist incorporating the Filene brand and experience into the long-term strategy and across the Filene organization.
- Oversee the creation, execution and management of Filene’s marketing strategy to achieve strategic plan, meet or beat revenue goals and deliver on our value proposition to audiences.
- Coach the marketing director to continue to enhance Filene’s marketing strategy, segmented marketing plans and deliver innovative tactics across face-to-face and digital channels.
- Ensure all Filene materials meet brand standards and align.
- Accountable for delivery and experience of all Filene research, incubation and community events.
- Oversee the creation, execution and management of Filene’ membership strategy to achieve aggressive financial goals and deliver on our brand promise to members.
- Accountable for up to 50% of Filene’s revenue via annual donations.
- Coach the membership director to optimize relationships, CRM tools and Filene data to create sales strategy and targeted sales campaigns.
- Responsible for stewardship and engagement experience with appropriate member segments.
- Responsible for leading senior level account management relationships with select top Filene donors.
- Interact with CEO and members of staff to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team with Velcro-like alignment on goals, values and priorities.
- Develop and direct the implementation of marketing, membership, events, and community projects and programs.
- Establish and implement short and long-range marketing, membership, events and community departmental goals and objectives.
- Lead, manage, develop and retain marketing, membership, events and communities teams. Leads with influence versus control.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Credit union executive management experience ideal along with a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities that exist in the credit union system.
- Bachelor’s degree required in sales, marketing, business administration or related field, or equivalent years of related experience. MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to think strategically. Demonstrated success in the development of and execution of corporate brand marketing strategies. Proven track record of developing and executing marketing and sales strategy.
- Prior experience in revenue generation and responsibility, business development, strategic planning, management consulting, finance, or related fields.
- Experience in event planning with portfolio of previously managed events.
- Superior communicator skills who can inspire others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) that contribute to overall organizational performance and a positive, creative work environment.
- Strong senior leadership skills and behavior. Positive. Owns it. Leads with humility. A proven leadership track record.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial competencies and dexterity with innovative and creative thinking.
- Strong knowledge and tenure within the financial services industry.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in account management with CEOs/senior leadership.
- Experience managing remote staff preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proven experience in speaking in front of large audiences.
- Extensive relationship building and sales skills, with the ability to work with people from many disciplines and backgrounds.
- Proven technology skills with experience in basic office programs, web-based project management, Salesforce and social media tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team with limited administrative support.
- Ability to sell innovative ideas, programs, advisory services, and processes to a sometimes reluctant audience.
- Project management experience, from initiation, to ongoing management, to completion, including:
- Experience in the preparation of project proposals and contracts
- Relating the terms to budget constraints and organizational objectives
- Experience in the development, design, collection, and analysis of information needed to measure progress in terms of the metrics established for activities
- Up to 60% travel required, including:
- Attending various conferences relevant to innovation or select projects
- Sales of innovation ideas or programs to cooperative finance North American sector
- Presenting key findings in presentations and perform advisory services on a wide latitude of research or innovation findings
EEO Policy Statement
The Filene Research Institute (Filene) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Filene complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Filene expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Filene employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.