Cynthia Campbell leads Filene’s accessible financial services incubator as director of innovation labs. She’s passionate about helping people build assets, understanding that financial stress can cause problems in other areas of life such as marriage, career, school, and with self-esteem.
Cynthia comes to Filene from Tinker Federal Credit Union where she served as vice president – financial empowerment program manager. She developed and implemented TFCU's award-winning Financial Empowerment Program. Thousands attend the hundreds of financial literacy workshops Tinker offers yearly and use the one-on-one financial counseling, REAL solutions products, online budgeting tools, and learning modules. Cynthia also implemented Oklahoma’s first three in-school credit union branches while at TFCU.
Cynthia earned her Credit Union Development Educator designation through the National Credit Union Foundation and is a Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor through the Credit Union National Association. She holds a master’s degree and BS in Business Administration from Elmhurst College in Illinois. She also holds a master’s degree in Adult Education from the University of Central Oklahoma.
Cynthia is an experienced facilitator, energetic emcee, and passionate presenter. Her recent presentations include:
- Serving the Underserved and Unbanked
- Financial Stress and Workplace Performance
- Extending Your Reach: Building a Financial Empowerment Team at your Credit Union
- Presentation Skills
- Credit Union Philosophy and Cooperative Principles
- Traits of Wealthy People
- Investing in Yourself
- 20+ financial literacy topics including budgeting, credit scores, credit reports, identity theft, car buying, home buying, and investing